- This event has passed.
Mid Surrey WIN
Jun 10 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pmFree
Enjoy an evening with legacy specialist Cheryl Penry
About Mid-Surrey WIN
June Cruden – Mid-Surrey WIN Host
My name is June ( Cruden). A little about me, I am married and have 3 adult children.
My career is mainly catering a chef and child care. Working in a variety of jobs from hotels, Armed forces then nursing home. And now Professional Property Investor and I organise and run the Mid Surrey Wealth Investing Network meetings.
The WIN brings together local landlords, prospective landlords and local builders and tradesmen.
Also people who would like to invest in property and actively help or invest passively by being an angel and get higher interest rate than the bank is offering.
Next Networking Event
Time: 19:00 – 20:30
Venue: Online networking session
June’s Guest Speakers
Cheryl Penry – Legacy Specialist
As a Legacy specialist and founder of will writing brand, Legal Love Letters, I help people write wills they feel good about. Over the last 20 years, I’ve written over 45,000 of them and have learned that wills have three main factors that drive the decisions we make: Connection, Affection and Protection.
There have been a lot of changes in my industry over the years and when speaking to clients, I always cover a number of important topics including:
- knowing the difference between jointly owned property and tenants-in-common and why this matters so much in your will
- how not to accidentally disinherit your children
- the dangers of writing basic mirror wills and the popular alternative
- why basic mirror wills don’t work well for remarriage or care home fees
- lasting power of attorney: what it is and why you need it
- the current inheritance tax allowance and what it means for you in 2020
- the real and often tragic cost of free, online or cheap wills
- why taking professional advice is the absolutely the right thing to do